Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Feb15/2012

Feeling good!  I am on my way....I decided to only weigh-in & measure once a week and keep an eye on how my clothes fit.   I went shopping today at the local Thrifty Market (a local BC grocer) and found some Quartet Muffins 0/1 & Buckwheat Bread 0/1 per slice to try they are both Gluten & Yeast Free which I do have to keep an eye on since I am sensitive to wheat & yeast. I am a little concern with the Quartet Muffins labeling as they say the sugars are "0" but I notice in the ingredients (now that I have my glassed on and can read the fine print at home) that they use "agave syrup" which  Jorge Cruise mention as  a belly bad sweetener with 15/1...so I am little confused on the product labeling. Well I will just put those in the freezer and do some more research before eating those.  But the Bread is a go!  Also picked up some "Reser's" Hash Browns I thought I would fry or bake them up with shredded cheese as a side dish with some protein and a leafy green veggie.
I love cooking Kale, spinach or any green leafy veggie I find a the local produce market;  I start by quickly blanching them in boiling water then bring onto the cutting board and cut them up into bite size pieces and then get the fry pan ready with a generous amount of olive oil, garlic and onions, and add the green veggie a large handful at a time into the fry pan, season with some herbs and a splash of rice vinegar, a shake or two of blue label 'salt free' spike, and oyster sauce (watch the labels look for the low sugar one!) its all to taste.   I use just about anything in my spice drawer and whatever sauce inspires me.  It's only in the fry pan for a minute or 2 then to the plate.   My favorite combo is Kale, brown rice and a hard boiled egg...a quick meal and good for you!

Sugar begone!  I love it!

5 comments:

  1. HI I found your blog and added it to my list. I will try to get some people over here for you.
    The bread you got - it has to have some carbs in there 1/0 means 1 sugar and 0 carbs - that can't be right??
    Have a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops type-o it should read 0/1 no sugars! and 1 carb Thanks for noticing :-) a newby mistake LOL

      Delete
  2. I saw you post on Rosalie's Blog, so I thought I'd add you to my list, and welcome you to the group! Sounds like you are having some great results already - way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the support it's really appreciated. I think it will make a big difference getting through the bumpy parts.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to our wonderful little group! You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete