Popular Posts

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feb 19, 2012

Well tomorrow is my official weigh in day but of course I couldn't wait and I stepped on the scale to find I was the same weight as last Monday.  I didn't get discouraged though (that in itself is amazing for me) so I went to do my measurements and what a surprise I got;  my waist is down 3" from when I started !!  I have also been measuring my ribs in addition because I carry allot there too and my rib measurement was down 4" in total.   Wow!!  that shows me I am on the right track.   If you are just starting out or researching read http://purplerosy.blogspot.com youtube message to newbies, good information there.

I have to say that doing this blog and the blogging group has given me an accountability (as was suggested in the above mentioned blog link)  I have missed in my past attempts at getting a handle on my health and weight.  I have done things before i.e. with friends and/or weight watchers for accountability but this time is different,  anyone have ideas why this is different??

I did amazing this week because I really struggled at night and during the day to continue to stay away from sugar...daytime I work in a office that has bowls of chocolates out, I am not kidding large bowls of bite size chocolates and candies right there just take one it easy and I didn't take one!  and then when I got home it was such a rushed week and I am learning what I can and cannot eat that I sometime just had a piece of cheese with deli meat so I don't think I ate enough.   So this week I am going to pick 2 recipes from the blog groups...everyone is so wonderful to post their recipes...Thank YOU!!  and go get my ingredients and try them out.  I want to learn new and easy ways to make meals and you all have tempting ideas, I am looking forward to it.

I have decided this is not a task with an end goal but a journey of learning and self discovery.  I love the fact that I have not had sugar since February 2, 2012 this is a HUGE accomplishment, and I want to keep it that way for myself.  Each time I mindlessly go to sugar or I am tempted usually because I am emotionally down or physically tired.... I tell myself I don't want that poison sugar in my body; I have work hard to get it out!   I just need to keep it out one choice at a time.

Sugar Begone!

5 comments:

  1. HI Sandra, First I want to say how proud of you I am for staying away from all those goodies. I know its hard. I know you didn't lose any weight this week - but many inches. Great Job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosalie! really appreciate the support!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job!!! I am so glad you are keeping track of your inches. The weight is still coming off, it just doesn't always show itself when we want it to. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! The weight will catch up with the inches lost.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Inches are better than those darn pounds anyway:)

    ReplyDelete